Friday, January 21, 2011

brusha-brusha

Our pediatrician told us that once little ones have teeth (and around the age of 1), you should take them to the dentist.  Quinn has 7 little teeth (4 on the top, 3 1/2 on the bottom), so we thought, let's do it.  I started researching on my Mommy blogs and boards looking for the best pediatric dentist around and I came across a dentist with rave reviews, Dr. Beth Cook.  When I called, I half-expected them to laugh at me, "You want to bring a 1 year-old to the dentist??" They didn't though, so I guess other parents have brought in their children at this age.  Hmm, maybe I'm not an overly-obsessive Mommy after all...well, at least not about this!
We actually had to reschedule our appointment due to the "blizzard" last week.  It all worked out though, because we rescheduled for a day when Daddy was able to come along!!
The big day arrived and we got there early to make sure all of our paperwork was filled out correctly.
I swear, my insurance card is around here somewhere...
When they called us back Dr. Cook suggested that I sit in the chair with Quinn, so he wouldn't be scared-or escape.
Everything seemed to be going so well.  He really liked Dr. Cook.  When she put on her gloves he was laughing-he even tried tasting them!  She showed him his new Big Boy toothbrush and he was quite interested. 
Hmm, so you say I am suppose to put this in my mouth?
Then, she tried looking in his mouth and all bets were off.  He cried and squirmed, but she and her tech were able to get in there and look at his teeth-for about 30 seconds!!  She said his teeth were healthy and clean-yippee!  See you again in 6 months Dr. Cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment